Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kitchen Sink Soup

As I was flipping through my many cookbooks, I came across a recipe that I really wanted to try. Unfortunately, I had only a few of the ingredients, so this is one of the first recipes I've done totally off the cuff! (Read--I'm very excited about this). This would also make a GREAT Lenten meal, for those that don't eat meat on Friday.

What's Needed:
1 can (15 oz) light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 oz) sliced stewed tomatoes
1 small onion
1 C. frozen carrots
1/2 bag frozen green beans
1 small bag of small red potatoes, cubed
2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
8 C. water
1/4 pound uncooked penne pasta
Parmesan cheese

1. Combine beans, squash, tomatoes, potatoes, leeks, carrot, green beans, sage, salt, and pepper in crockpot. Add water. Stir well to combine. Cover; cook on HIGH 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Turn crockpot to LOW. Cook covered 8 hours longer. Stir occasionally.

2. Turn crockpot to HIGH. Add pasta. Cover; cook 30 minutes or until pasta is done.

3. To serve, garnish with Parmesan cheese.

Makes 6 servings
Husband's Grade:B
WW Points:

Inspired by: Crockpot: The Original Slow Cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment