Monday, August 15, 2011

Freezer Meal Review: Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya


We had the first (of many) freezer meals this month. It was a hit with everyone. Just spicey enough to have a kick, without overwhelming my little guy and myself.

Since I needed Italian Sausage for another recipe this month, I used that instead of plain smoked sausage. It added a lot more flavor to this dish.

Here's the before picture (Just out of the freezer)

I didn't really have time to thaw it out in the freezer. So this meal went from the freezer into a 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes. I checked on it after 30 minutes in intervals to make sure it didn't get dried out.

Here's the after picture:
As you can see, there's just enough for one person left. I may turn this into lunch tomorrow.

To find this, and the other recipes I cooked this month, click here

PointsPlus: 9 (for 1/4 of the pan)
Husband's Grade: A

Inspired by: Once A Month Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment