Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pinterest Recipe Review: Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles

.


I LOVE Pinterest, especially for finding yummy new recipes! Seriously, if you haven't checked it out yet, request an invite for Pinterest soon.

This was one of the first recipes I found while browsing pins on other people's boards. I made a few changes (as I almost always do). This recipe said it served 4. I beg to differ. As my picture will show, this could easily feed 6.

What's Needed:
6 oz. extra-wide egg noodles
1 2- to 2-1/4-lb. purchased roasted chicken (I used chicken tenders that I had pre-cooked with a little bit of garlic and basil.)
1 cup frozen peas
1.5 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cups 2% milk
1/4 C. Plain Bread crumbs
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Snipped fresh thyme (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 450. Bring 6 cups of salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.

2. Remove chicken from bones. Shred chicken.

3. In saucepan, combine chicken, peas, garlic, and milk. Heat through. Cover and keep warm.

4.In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, 1/4 of the Parmesan, and butter.

5. Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly.

6. Put in a 9x13 casserole dish (or divide into 4 small casserole dishes). Top each with the bread crumb mixture. Bake 5 minutes or until top begins to brown.

PointsPlus: 11
Husband's Grade: A

Inspired by: Better Homes and Gardens Recipe, as pinned on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment