Friday, February 4, 2011

7 point breakfast--Homemade Creation of a McDonald's Classic


I recently discovered that I like McDonald's Egg McMuffins. I decided it would be easier to make them at home. After experimenting, I was able to slash a whole PointsPlus point off of the original. Hope you enjoy!




What's Needed:
1 egg
1 slice Canadian bacon (pre-cooked)
dash of salt and pepper
shredded cheddar cheese (just enough to sprinkle over the top)
1 whole wheat English Muffin

1. Toast English Muffin--I usually do mine for 4-5 minutes so it's nice and crispy.

2. Put egg, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Whisk together.

3. Add egg to skillet pre-heated. Leave it alone until it looks like this. Takes about 2 minutes.











4. Flip egg. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Take off of the skillet.










5. Add Canadian bacon to skillet. Brown on both sides (about 1-2 minutes--just to heat/brown it).

6. Cut egg in half. Then fold in half.

7. To assemble:
*Place 1/2 the egg on the bottom of the muffin. Sprinkle a bit of cheese.
*Add Canadian bacon then the other half of the egg. Sprinkle a bit of cheese
*Top with other half of the muffin. Enjoy!

MY Grade: A+ (This, plus some coffee, keeps me full until lunch, and I normally eat early in the morning.)

PointsPlus: 7

Inspired by: McDonald's Original Egg McMuffin (8 PointsPlus)

No comments:

Post a Comment