Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Mini-Cooking Day

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. School started again, and life got crazy! Thank goodness for the month of cooking I did. Most days what to have for dinner consisted of figuring out which delicious thing to defrost from our freezer.

Needless to say, I could not get my act together to do my September cooking. Then a good friend decided she wanted in on this cooking gig. We decided to wait until the menu plan came out for October (which it did this morning! Yay!). I looked through the September recipes I was planning and stuck with only the recipes that I had ingredients in house to cook. Thus spawned my September Mini-Big Day, which is happening as I post.

Recipes:
Beef Stew (September Traditional Menu)
**REALLY good! Especially with biscuits.
**PointsPlus: 5 per serving (about 1 cup)

End of Harvest Stew (September Diet Menu)
**Excellent soup! It's going on my repeats list.
**PointsPlus: 4 per serving (about 1 cup)

Pork and Veggie Stirfry (September Diet Menu)
**Very easy. Excellent with brown rice.
**PointsPlus: 6 per serving (about 1 cup, without rice)

Shepherd's Pie (September traditional Menu)
**Good version of Shepherd's Pie, although I added more vegetables
**PointsPlus: 9 per serving (1/4 of an 8x8 pan)

Maple Oat Scones (September Traditional Menu)
**Added about 1/2 a cup of sugar to this recipe. Very
good.
**PointsPlus: 8 per scone

No comments:

Post a Comment