Sunday, August 14, 2011

Craziness

.
I, apparently, was very anxious to start my cooking extravaganza. Not a smart idea. After doing some last minute shopping, I decided to start cooking at 6 p.m. Yes, you read that right P.M.! What the heck was I thinking? At one point I thought I might start and finish up later, but the thought of cleaning everything up only to have to start fresh again in the morning nearly killed me. So, I powered through until I had everything but one recipe finished.

I am exhausted and every part of my lower body hurts from standing for 10 hours, but I have such a feeling of accomplishment, especially when I look at my freezer! A month's worth of meals that I won't have to even think about. Just pop it in the oven or microwave and serve. That's my kind of meal!

This will be a long-ish post, because I'm so excited about everything. I will have links to the recipes I used as well as (some) pictures, that I remembered to take through the process. If you are thinking about starting your own monthly cooking adventure, please take a look at Once A Month Mom. She makes it SOOOOOO much easier!

The first thing I decided to do was to organize all of my ingredients and try to bring in more counter space to my small kitchen.

I brought in every TV tray I had and used all available counter space to organize the ingredients I would be using in every recipe I was planning on cooking.

I laid out my OAMM recipe cards, Cooking Day Instructions, and freezer labels on a TV tray so that they were ready when I needed them.

I made sure that my recipe cards matched the order that I had put the recipes in the Cooking Day Instructions. If I could only be this organized on a regular basis, my life would run much more smoothly.

Then, I got to cooking! I will post all the recipes, etc., later.

This is what my now fully stocked freezer looks like:

Top shelf is all of the breakfasts, lunches, and some of the dinners that were stored in ziploc bags:

Next is the rest of the dinners in ziploc bags and 8x8 aluminum pans--next to the delicious Freschetta pizzas ;)

Our freezer door took the yummy breakfast smoothies:

And, since I buy my meat at Sam's Club, this is all the 'extra' meat that we have for meals when I have time to cook during the week:

Now...who wants to join me in my craziness?

Inspired by: Once A Month Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment