Monday, August 1, 2011

My Plan

.
I spent all morning long looking at my new favorite blog/website: OAMM

I think I've got my plan in place. I looked at the August menus, and, after deciding that not all the meals would work for my family, pieced together a menu that I think we will all enjoy.

Here's my menu plan for the month of August/September. (Since I'm doing my cooking day on August 14th, I'm approximating that these meals will last us through September 14th-ish).


Breakfast recipes:

Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal
Strawberry Orange Smoothies
Raspberry Breakfast Cake


Lunch Recipes:
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Stuffed Pizza Sticks
Chilled Spaghetti Salad
Sugar Snap Pea Salad


Dinner Recipes:
Spicy Stuffed BBQ Chicken
Baked Pesto Chicken
Steak Fajitas
Sausage and Pepper Penne
Pesto Lasagna
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
Summer Steak Kabobs
Ranch Burgers
Garlic-Lime Pork Chops

I have my grocery list assembled. Now I will be keeping an eye out for good sale prices on the items I need. I'll also be re-reading OAMM's FAQ on Freezer Cooking to try to wrap my head around the project I'm about to undertake.

If you don't hear from me after August 14th, it's because I died in the kitchen during my big cooking day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment