Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Herbed Balsamic Chicken

I had to work late tonight--but was thankful I didn't have to worry about my boys. Crockpot cooking is GREAT for nights like these. Today's dinner: Herbed Balsamic Chicken. While I was at work, my boys were able to have dinner on time. After Joey had his bath, I was able to sit down and eat without having to worry about a thing. Best thing--it was good AND low in points!

What's Needed:
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 T. quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
4 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
2 T. chicken broth
1 9-oz. package frozen Italian cut green beans
1 C. red bell pepper strips (I a bag of frozen, pre-cut pepper strips)

1. Place onion in crockpot. Sprinkle with tapioca. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour vinegar and broth over chicken. Add frozen green beans.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.

3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and veggies to a serving platter. Spoon some cooking liquid over chicken and vegetables. Pass the remaining cooking liquid. Serve with rice.

Husband's Grade: B+
PointsPlus: 7 (chicken and veggies only. Rice is extra)

Inspired by: The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book

No comments:

Post a Comment