Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baked Tilapia


God bless the Deen Brothers! They brought me back to fish. Long story short, because of some bad fish that we got from a neighbor, I haven't eaten fish since about the 4th grade. Because of my little guy, and because I don't want him to not eat fish since Mommy doesn't, I jumped out of my food comfort zone, and decided to try this recipe. This came as a complete surprise to my husband, who loves fish, as I vowed never to cook fish ever. Much to my surprise, I actually LOVED this, and I plan to make it again.

Serve this with the rice pilaf recipe below.




4 6-8 oz. tilapia fillets
2 tsp. garlic salt (I used Garlic Garlic by Tastefully Simple
Ground black pepper (to taste)
1/4 C. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Lime juice (to taste)

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.

2. Rinse fish and pat dry; place on baking hseet. Season each fillet with 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt and pepper to taste. Divide butter pieces and juice evenly among the tops of the fillets.

3. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

PointsPlus: 3
Inspired by: The Deen Bros. Y'All Come Eat


Rice Pilaf
1 C. white rice
2 C. chicken broth
1/2 medium onion
2 T. butter

1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.

2. Slowly sitr in broth, adding salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-17 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

PointsPlus: 5
Inspired by: The Deen Bros. Y'All Come Eat

Husband's Grade for whole meal: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment